With the holiday hustle and bustle nearing it may be easy to neglect some very obvious Christmas tree tips. Keep reading to help to ensure your holiday is a fun and safe one!
- Always measure your ceiling height before you look for a tree. A big tree isn’t a better tree if it doesn’t fit in your home.
- Measure your tree stand! Nothing worse than coming home with a beautiful tree only to find it doesn’t fit the stand!
- Don’t put off buying our tree for too long. The sooner you bring the tree home and preserve it in water the fresher it will remain.
- Before you decorate, don’t forget to trim the tree! It’s best to remove 1/2 inch from the stem so they absorb more water. They should be able to do this at the tree tent where you purchase your tree.
- Keep your tree hydrated! check your tree stand daily or buy a tree stand that has a bigger water-retaining base.
- Watch your children and pets around the tree. Curious kids and animals can sometimes cause the tree to fall down.
- Keep your tree away from heat sources. At least 3 feet some experts suggest. The last thing anyone wants is for your tree, real or fake, to go ablaze.
- String your lights safely! A general rule of thumb is to never connect more than 3 string of lights together. check for frayed wires and loose connections and always use lights that were meant for indoor usage.
- Sweep whenever possible! Sappy needles from a real tree can sometimes cause a clog in your vacuum cleaners.
- Recycle! Recycle! Recycle! Unless your area has specific curbside tree pick up programs, recycling your tree is a much better option instead of leaving it for your garbage man to pick up. Just google “Christmas tree recycling near me” and you are sure to find a place nearby.
Have a happy holiday!